Thursday, March 27, 2008

The day has arrived.

I knew this day would come. It was inevitable. The day that I yielded to the subtle inclinations I have had to start writing in my new blog. I kept putting it off. I kept conjuring up various excuses.
"I don't have the time! I don't want to! I'm not as creative as everyone else! I can't write well enough! I just want to read other blogs!"

But sure enough, here I am typing away. I am sure there will be days that I write a book, and other days that I write a single word. Nonetheless, it has begun.

I can't help but think that when Kenny reads this he will be finding all my grammatical errors. I am sure I will even hear about a few. But I also know that my Mom won't care. (Although we all know that Kenny's blog will be her favorite...whatever ProTigal son :) )

I also have the feeling that this blog business will be addicting. Already I'm thinking of a million things I want to write about. Things that have been on my mind for quite sometime, and things that randomly pop into my head. Like how I really like Strawberry Milkshake Oreos and how I wish they weren't a limited edition that is no longer in production.

Since many have expressed how much they enjoy my Gchat status messages, even suggesting that they could be a TV sitcom of their own, I hope you will enjoy the blog. I'm trying to think of it more as a really long status message, rather than a creative writing assignment from the days of schooling.

I hope this will live up to my Gstatus par. It will prove to be a difficult task. I guess we'll all have to see....

6 comments:

allie said...

i have a blog :)
dogey.blogspot.com

i love you friend! i'm coming to california in august! let's hang out :)

love, allie.

Lookin' for whimsy in my life! said...

I love how you write! You are my favorite!

Kenny said...

oh i SEE. now YOU are mom's favorite. i've had a blog for how long and you post TWO things and BAM, i'm demoted.

pfft. you haven't even made a custom header.

;)

welcome to the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

laura you are awesome! This was really fun to read!
i can't wait to read about all your fun adventures and thoughts on life-

love ya jen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wow, It's a family reunion ;) Good job Laura. You have more guts than I do to bear your soul for the whole internet to see. Big hugs from your biggest brother!