Monday, April 14, 2008

And the BDay goes on...

I like birthdays. No, that's not quite right. I LOVE birthdays. I am a BIG birthday celebrator. Since I was little I have had the belief that on your birthday you should not have to do a single thing that you don't want to. It is your one day off a year. Woohoo! Go YOU.

Turning 21 was no different. I made sure to celebrate as much as I could. And I have successfully extended that celebration to the middle of last week. I am the birthday-extender champion.

See below for validation:

November 7th, 2007 = My 21st birthday.
I took the day off work, went shopping and had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Maggianos, with a couple close friends and with a brother and sister who live here. (And just for the record, the Tiramisu was incredible.)

Kenny, Julie Ann and I. It's so good to have family close by.



November 9th, 2007 = My 21st birthday "Mocktail" Party.
This was one of the best parties I've been to/put together, if I do say so myself. We had it at "The Pricer Lounge" (JLP's place), and we had twinkle lights and candles everywhere....including the walk up to her apartment. We had chocolate and cheese fondue, jello shots, a bowl to people to check in their keys, a bouncer (who was also my body guard), a cocktail waitress, a bartender, and even "tequila" shots to take with salt to sprinkle on our hand and limes for chasers. We closed in her kitchen with a covered board, (thanks Kenny), so it actually looked like a bar, and of course there were various other details.

Jenny Lynne and I.....we make the best party planning team. Here's to us.


Cortney, my bartender did a FABULOUS job. I didn't know him very well when I asked him to do this for me, and he was exactly what I was hoping for.


Tanya was superb at being a mocktail waitress. She would pass out jello shots and call out for everyone do them them on her count. And so we did. And then we did again. And again....


So Blair came to the party with the good intention of saying happy birthday to me, and enjoying the fun. Little did he know that I had been struggling to find someone I felt would make an excellent bouncer. I had high expectations and I wanted the chosen one to be pretty proactive in their role. When Blair walked through the door, and I knew he was the one. I gave him his "BOUNCER" shirt, he put on his shades and accepted the role. He seriously blew me away. A few times he would stop people at the door and come and get me to make sure they were cool enough to get in. I loved it.


"Dear Brother" and I. He presented me with two large frames of me when I was a baby, and had others make toasts to me. It was great, I felt so mocktail party-ish.


Aforementioned "Dear Brother" insisted I need a picture with my ID. I promise, it says that I am indeed 21....and from Washington.


November 16th, 2007 = My almost trip to Vegas to celebrate said 21st birthday.
But unfortunately, because my beautiful recently purchased car was totaled, the trip had to be cancelled. Never fear.....I celebrated about 5 months later.

April 8th, 2008 = The Birthday Cake that almost wasn't.
Amid the wondrous birthday bliss, I never had a birthday cake. And I almost forgot about it completely. Until I walked down the cake aisle (which I've done many times between my actual birthday and this day), and saw the cake mixes and candles and it hit me. I realized I had to resolve this matter immediately. So i did.

DISCLAIMER: Danielle put the candles in the cake for me so I didn't feel so lame. Then we
BOTH sang to me.





Happy 21st birthday to me. Maybe turning 22 will last even longer. :)

No comments: